Southern Hospitality

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Every Dog Should Have His Own Kitten

My dog has his own kitten. This is a privilege that not all dogs have. However, my dog is extra special: he loves other dogs, cats, and humans of all descriptions. In my household, the adult cats seldom want to play with the dog, so it was imperative that I find a feline that would play with him. If you bring up a dog and cat together when they are both young, then you stand a good chance of them forming a close bond. That is what has happened with the two of them. The kitten is an orange tabby with the cutest smirk and a long, bushy tail. He and the dog enjoy play fighting. Pinning the cat down, the dog will gently nibble on various parts of the cat's anatomy. The kitten just grins from ear to ear while the dog playfully growls at him. When the kitten has had enough, he will run away until he is ready for another wrestling session.

This cat imitates the dog in some respects. The dog likes to ride in the car. So does the cat. In fact, this is the first cat I have ever had that liked to ride in an automobile, and I have had a number of cats throughout my adult life. The kitten also likes to play outdoors, so I had to find a creative way to keep him safe and allow him to enjoy the sights and scents that belong to nature. In one pet store I found just the answer to this dilemma. There was a nice cat stroller. It looks something like a baby stroller only it has netting where the opening should be. This prevents the feline from getting out, but does allow the cat the opportunity to sit back and see what is going on in the great beyond. The stroller also has a couple of drink holders near the handle and has pockets for keeping miscellaneous items near the wheels. The kitten adores his stroller. He sits toward the front and looks all around him as I take him for a ride. I suppose it is a novel experience seeing someone pushing a kitten in a stroller, so people will sometimes come to a screeching halt in their cars when they see us walking close by. The car passengers do a double take to see what is in the stroller. I suppose I attract quite an audience this way. The dog doesn't seem to mind. He just holds his head up high and wags his tail in appreciation for the adoration that his kitten buddy attracts in our idyllic southern town.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger someone else said…

    A kitty stroller??? You need to post a picture of that.

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Blogger rena said…

    I agree with Morning Glory..a pic of the kitty in the stroller enjoying a walk with his pal the dog would be adorable!
    Growing up we always had cats and dogs that were inseparable..they were hilarious watch when they played.

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger sweetmagnolia said…

    I will do this if I can ever figure out how to use my digital camera. ;-)

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is so cute. We have a cat who the dogs love, too, but I don't have a cat stroller. lol

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Daniel Berry said…

    I love it when animals play with each other like that. And I know it must be cute with the kitten in the stroller. This brings out all my puppy and kitty sensitivity! I love this entry so very much!

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Daniel Berry said…

    I love it when animals play with each other like that. And I know it must be cute with the kitten in the stroller. This brings out all my puppy and kitty sensitivity! I love this entry so very much!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home