Southern Hospitality

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Wow, it has been a long time since I have blogged--too long really.

A few updates: There was a little boy that I mentioned about a year ago. This child suffered brain damage and permanent loss of vision when he found a pistol and shot himself in the eye. At the time I wrote my blog last October, the child's future was uncertain. I am happy to report that he has made a spectacular recovery. A few months after the accident, I can recall seeing him in church. His parents pushed him around in a little stroller. The boy was limp and unresponsive. A few more months went by, then he hesitantly began to walk, but he could not talk. Now he can talk up a blue streak and can run like the wind! He has a leg brace and a helmet for his head. Other than that, he is like any other boy his age. This summer I had the privilege of working with him during Vacation Bible School. This child is truly happy, and I hope that his future remains bright and optimistic.

My husband is now on disability. He has had a myriad of health problems and has endured numerous operations. Last year he had no fewer than three operations. When he applied for disability, he was accepted the first time which is almost unheard of, so I am told. Most people have to go through a lawyer to get social security disability.

At the current time, all my family members are healthy which is a trend that I hope will continue now and throughout the Christmas season. That is what I am most thankful for this year, the health and well being of my family and friends.

I am including a link for a cute Thanksgiving game. It is a version of the hangman game in which a player tries to guess letters to form words. You get a number of guesses before your character gets the noose. All the words to this game pertain to Thanksgiving.

Enjoy!

Halloween Hangman created by The Dimension's Edge, Inc.

9 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to your and yours

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Rogmeister said…

    I'm very glad to hear that the child who was shot is doing so well. I wish his recovery continued success. Thank you for letting us know.

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for an insight into your life, may you and yours enjoy this Thanksgiving, Health and tranquility always.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What great news that little boy is doing so well. A happy ending indeed. I am sorry to hear of Bruce's health problems, and I wish you both a very happy Thanksgiving and a joyous and peaceful Christmas

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear the little boy is doing well. Thank you for sharing this with us. All the best for Thanksgiving.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy T Day to you, too, doc! Remind us to read your blog more often. SO glad to hear your family's WELL for the holiday. Hope you all stay that way. (You don't want the crud I've got!)

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so glad to hear the boy is well....and your family, also.....surely something to be Thankful for......i hope the next year brings the same good news

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great news about the young boy. I am also glad that your husband had an easy time getting his disability as it normally is hard getting it. I had to have an attorney, but it turned out Ok in the end. Wishing you much happiness this Thanksgiving and the oncoming Holiday Season.

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Becki said... Happy Thanksgiving Doc. Wwe are in Virginia. I really enjoy your blogs. I am now taking my little dog, Zacky to visit nursing homes. I make sure he is parasite free and he is really good the the residents. Love you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home